Located on the western southern slope of
the plate of Caroux, the common master key of 250m with
750m of altitude.
During the Middle Ages, Combes is the open ground of Poujol on Orb
("open" meaning external, the open ground is thus the territory
far away from the principal community on which it depends).
In 1785, Sieur Jean Combescure, trader with Combes and brother of
the priest of Douch, make build a small oratory. June 25, 1785,
the solemn blessing is given.
In 3 brumaire year X (October 25, 1801) a new canton east creates
and Saint-Gervais becomes the chief town about it.
Combes passes in the new canton with the double title of Combes,
open Ground of Poujol.
Gîte dans le caroux (27 couchages)
Gite "Le Serpent D'etoiles"
34240 Combes tel 04.67.95.37.95